Monday, October 13, 2008

When did he swallow the lead bricks?

I've had a wonderful, but very long, weekend.

Friday night, we went to Disney's California Adventure, for Mickey's Halloween Trick-or-Treat party. That was so much fun! There'll be another post, with pictures, but for now, take my word for it. Kicker was dressed as a Dragon, and had a great time, holding on to his trick-or-treat bag. We even rode some rides! There were lots of candy opportunities, with healthy snacks also being passed out. All in all, it was a wonderful time, and I think we'll have to be back next year.

Saturday morning, Grandma, Hubby, Kicker and I went out for breakfast at Mimi's (mmm... pumpkin pancakes), then off to the park! We rode rides in Fantasyland, attended a Disney media event with lots of baked goods and characters, and then met up with my sister and her new boyfriend. I learned that it's very important to know where the Mother's room at Disneyland is - otherwise there is way too much going on for Kicker to nap. Also, Rancho Del Zocalo serves a toddler menu in addition to their kid's menu - good to know for when Kicker gets a bit older! It was a wonderful day, and became an even more wonderful evening, as two very good friends of ours joined us because they had some very important news they needed to share - details forthcoming in another post.

Sunday, Kicker slept in until almost 11am. Poor thing - he was just exhausted, and so was I! Man that kid is heavy! I love every moment of carrying him, because I know all too soon he won't want to be carried as much, but WOW! My back is killing me!

Anyways, it was a great weekend, and I promise I'll post pictures of Disneyland, along with Kicker in his costume.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

How fun was that???? I can't wait to see your pictures!

Rockin' Mama said...

It was so crowded and so much fun. I'm so sorry we didn't meet up! I'm posting pics soon too and can't wait to see yours

Caryn
http://rockinmama.net

Sandra Carvalho said...

OMG!
It sounds like you've had some delightful time!
Can't wait to see the pics! ;)
xoxo

Marissa said...

Glad you had a good time! Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up. Looking forward to seeing Kicker's dragon costume.

 
ss_blog_claim=acc74a8c5ab67035e621c579fb5786a8