Every now and then, you get sent a recipe that sounds so good, you have to clean drool out of your keyboard. For me, folks, this is that recipe.
Kahlua Fudge Brownies recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut oil (or walnut oil - heck, use whatever you've got, if necessary)
- 1/4 cup espresso powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans (though, wouldn't pine nuts be great in this recipe?)
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Heat the chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan over low heat until blended, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine sugar, peanut oil, espresso, and eggs in a bowl, beating for 5 minutes and occasionally scraping sides of bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture and beat until just blended, then add flour mixture and beat again.
- Stir in pecans. Spoon batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges pull from the side of the pan. Cool until lukewarm on a wire rack.
- Pour Kahlua into a spray bottle and spray onto warm brownies. Let stand until completely cool.
- To serve, cut into 3 x 4-inch brownies and microwave until just warm. Split each bar horizontally into halves and sandwich with a scoop of whipped cream and/or fresh strawberries or raspberries. . Top with