Tuesday again, which means it's time for another edition of Tasty Tuesday!
This week's recipe comes to me from my step-mother, who lives in Tome, NM. She calls this recipe her "Tome Sheet Cake."
Tome Sheet Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups margarine, divided (1 cup, and 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 4-6 Tbs cocoa, divided (2-3 Tbs, and 2-3 Tbs)
- 6 Tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 lb box powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, eggs, sour cream, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- In a pot, bring 1 cup margarine, water, and 2-3 Tbs of cocoa to boil.
- Combine boiling ingredients in with the mixing bowl while hot, and beat with electric mixer, approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ungreased jelly-roll pan (10 1/2 x 15 x 1 in) and bake 20 minutes.
- While cake is baking, bring 1/2 cup margarine, milk, and 2-3 Tbs of cocoa to boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla, pecans, and powdered sugar.
- Ice cake before cooling.