It's that time again. Time to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with all the food in my freezer. I got emailed this recipe a while back from a friend of mine, and it looks pretty good. I have to giggle at the use of both oil and butter, but I bet that makes this really tasty - this friend has yet to send me a bum-recipe. She uses chicken pieces with the skin still on, but says that it's
'still good' with skinless chicken pieces.
Oven Fried Chicken
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp.
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- approx. 9 pieces chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place oil and butter in a shallow oven-safe cooking pan (such as cast-iron) and place in 375 degree oven to melt butter, set aside.
- In a large paper sack, combine dry ingredients.
- Roll the chicken pieces 3 at a time in butter and oil, then drop into a sack and shake to cover. Place on a plate until all pieces are coated.
- Leave any excess butter and oil in pan. Place chicken in the pan skin side down or its just as good if you remove all the skin first.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over, and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until crust begins to bubble.
- Serve with corn bread or biscuits, and your favorite veggie.
This sounds so good! Dinner seems too far away!